Business Excellence Study – 2009
Learning while serving the tribals at Waliv, Maharashtra
MET 2 Decades Celebration concluded recently. Strong pursuit for excellence and drive to reach the unreached section of the society has enabled MET to be the only education body that has been conferred an NGO in Special Consultative Status with United Nations. Propelled by these principles, the 2 decades celebration finale has also marked the beginning of a new chapter: MET Seva – to serve the less privileged. This initiative involved participation from all at MET.
18 senior management team members visited Waliv in Maharashtra to flag off the project - MET Seva:
MET Seva would sensitise the MET students of the need to provide voluntary service to further the cause of education with the tribal children of the Waliv region. In due course, each student of MET to be directly responsible for tracking the development of 3-5 students of the ashram schools. MET students would be visiting the three ashram schools and students would dedicate service of one-working day in week to MET Seva.
- Plantation Drive – To make our habitation greener, MET started the plantation drive at Waliv by planting coconut saplings
- Vaccination of Students – Over 250 children of local schools were immunised against Hepatitis B.
- MET Seva Kendra – Vocational Training Centre for the Tribal Youth. This centre will work towards empowering youth for employment opportunity by training them.
- Computer Literacy – In order to make locals at Waliv computer proficient, MET donated computer systems and required infrastructural support as part of MET Seva Kendra
- Solar Lamps – In order to overcome the acute power problem. MET in association with a US NGO donated solar powered lamps to the tribals at Waliv.
- Insurance Cover – In order to secure the future of tribal families against unforeseen circumstances, MET started exploring opportunities for insuring earning members and children.