ADTAC - Advanced Diploma Programme in Technical & Analytical Chemistry
18 months full-time programme recognised by the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) - Government of Maharashtra.
Admissions for the Batch 2012 are closed. To receive the Admission Alert for
the next batch please click here.
Those who have passed any of the following Degree/ Diploma can apply for this programme:
- BSc (Any*)
- BTech (Dairy)
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Environmental / Chemical Engineering from MSBTE
*(Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Bio-Chemistry/ Microbiology/ Life Sciences/ Dairy Technology subjects either
six units, three units, two units or combination of other subjects from a recognised University / Board)
Students awaiting final year results can also apply.
How can I apply?
- The applicant must buy the Application Form and Prospectus, available at MET for Rs. 600 in cash or DD favouring 'MET Institute of Medical Sciences' or click here to pay online.
- Submit the prescribed Application Form along with necessary certificates on or before the due date.
- The applicant must appear for the Selection Procedure on the date of Entrance Exam (Please refer to schedule below).
Last Date of Application
July 14, 2012
- To induce life long learning skills, attitudes for social and personal development
- To provide trained manpower
- To provide leadership qualities
- To create awareness of Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- To create awareness of manufacturing hazards & operational hazards
- To assist in development of new methods and process of analysis & analytical techniques
- To develop managerial abilities and analytical skills
Programme duration: 3 semesters (18 months)
Type of industries and capacity in which ADTAC students get employment
|Wage employment / Opportunities
|Chemical, pharmaceutical, food and paint industries in which quality control activity is carried out for raw, intermediate and finished products
- Q.C. Chemists
|Self employment / Opportunities
|To start own laboratory with approval by FDA and MSCB (Maharashtra State Pollution Control Board) to carry out analysis as per the recommended standards for various products as well as for water and industrial effluents
Job functions of ADTAC students
||To carry analysis of various product samples such as pharmaceuticals, food, oil, petroleum products, paper - pulp, coal, water, industrial effluents, cosmetics etc.
||To do all the job functions as stated above as well as he/ she has to supervise the methods employed are per the I.S.I., F.D.A., G.M. etc. and also supervise the routine functions of instruments
||Planning and supervising the work and analysis carried out and also check the proper functioning of instruments
|Planning and analysis, and doing overall surveillance of the quality control activities
Mail this page to your friend