MRV - Annual Sports Day - 2009
MET Rishikul Vidyalaya celebrated its 6th Annual Sports Day with a lot of zeal and zest. The Primary section kicked off the event on the 21st November 2009 followed by the Pre-Primary Section on 22nd November 2009.Over 400 students participated with full verve and vigor. Every student was a part of the magnificent show that was put up by our budding athletes.
- The event was inaugurated by releasing the school banner attached to air balloons.
- It started with March past to the rhythmic beats played by our little band masters followed by the sports pledge.
- Spectacular Display events included an opening dance, karate, stick exercises, dumbell exercises, gymnastics and yoga.
- Athletics and field events included running races, relay, long jump and shot put. Team events like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, throwball, langdi, dodgeball and even kho-kho gave the children an opportunity to display team spirit, self confidence, responsibility and above all spirit of sportsmanship.
- The event ended on a high note after the prize distribution ceremony by Trustee MET League of Colleges followed by the National Anthem. photos >>>
Pre-Primary Section: MRV Pre-Primary 6th Annual Sports Day was celebrated on 22nd November, 2009, with a lot of enthusiasm and fervor.
The event came to a close with participation by parents in equally exciting games like Tug-of-War and Mini-Marathon, which was a fun-filled end to our Sports Day.
- Sports Day is a platform to showcase the talent and efforts put in by the little children to make it a successful event.
- Sports at Pre-Primary level is not about competition. It is about having fun, being physically active, learning the basics of sports and building co-ordination and motor skills.
- As is the tradition at MET Rishikul Vidyalaya, the event commenced with a prayer. The National Anthem and Sports pledge inspired and motivated all children to do their best.
- Fantastic displays began with a March Past by little soldiers from Jr. Kg. followed by pom-pom dance, karate display, gymnastics and a grand finale to the displays by the energetic sporty dance.
- Races began with every class having their own selected themes right from play group to Sr. Kg. which was enhanced by their efforts put in right from colourful costumes to innovative props. The themes included ‘Twist in the Tales’, ‘Back to Vedas’, ‘Caring for the Environment’, ‘Discoveries in Space’, ‘Timeline’, etc. This gave the little angels an opportunity to display their self-confidence, patience, zeal and sportsmanship. photos >>>