MRV - Annual Sports Day - 2010
MET Rishikul Vidyalaya hosted its 7th Annual Sports Day with a lot of enthusiasm and spirit at the MET play ground. The Primary section flagged off the event on the 4th December 2010 followed by the Pre-Primary section on 5th December 2010. Over 450 students participated with full verve and vigor. Every student was a part of the magnificent show that was put up by our budding athletes.
- The event was inaugurated by releasing the school banner attached to air balloons by Mr. Pankaj Bhujbal, Trustee – MET, Ms. Kavita Sanghvi, Vice Principal - MRV and Ms. Deepali Nene, Headmistress – MRV.
- The Sports Day started with a welcome speech followed by march-past, wherein our students marched to the rhythmic beats played by our little band masters followed by the sports pledge.
- Our students, under the guidance our very proficient teachers, put up an impressive display of events ranging from a toe tapping opening dance to karate , yoga, lezim exercises, flag exercises, ring exercises, sitting exercises, gymnastics and pyramid formation.
- Athletics and field events included running races, marble and spoon races, 3 legged races, ring races, skipping races, shot put and discuss throw which gave an opportunity to students to try their hand at different sports.
- Team events like handball, cricket, football, basketball, throwball, langdi, dodgeball and even kabaddi displayed the team spirit, self confidence, responsibility and above all spirit of sportsmanship that our students very proudly displayed.
- At the end, our students cheered all the winners at the prize distribution ceremony followed by the National Anthem. photos >>>
- MRV Pre-Primary 7th Annual Sports Day was celebrated on 5th December, 2010.
- Sports at Pre-Primary level, is not about competition. It is about having fun, being physically active, learning the basics of sports and building co-ordination and motor skills.
- Sports day is an awaited event in school and is instrumental for the development of a healthy body and mind. Children were in high spirits and excitement could be seen on their faces.
- The day was marked by exuberance of the children from Play group to Sr. Kg. who put up such fabulous performances.
- The event commenced with a prayer followed by a Sports Pledge taken solemnly by the children.
- This was followed by march-past by Jr.Kg, a remarkable display of harmony and discipline to the beat of the band.
- The rhythmic demonstration of aerobics by nursery class set the feet tapping for the rest of the event. Yoga with all its passive serenity put up by tiny tots of nursery class was a breath taking sight. Gymnastics and the jungle mask dance by Jr.Kg. & Sr.Kg. classes were equally captivating. The performances ended with a grand finale dance by the Sr.Kg. class.
- Every class race had an innovative theme right from play group to Sr.Kg. enhanced by the efforts put in right from colorful costumes to innovative props. The themes included, ‘Mother Nature’, ‘People around Us’, ‘Endangered Species’, ‘Go Green’, ‘Current Issues and Events’, ‘Defense Forces’ and many more.
- It was indeed a pleasure to see parents dressed as their “Favourite Sports Personality” which was the Dress Code for the day. The event ended with exciting Parents Races. photos >>>
Truly enthralling performances with all being the winners of the day made this show a grand success!