MRV offers Cambridge International AS & A Level to help students gain places at leading universities worldwide. Students develop a deep
understanding of subjects, as well as independent learning and constructive thinking skills – abilities which universities value highly. Cambridge
International A Level is essentially a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year.
The syllabuses are international in outlook, but retain a local relevance. They have been created specifically for an international student body with
content to suit our school and promote our learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
• In-depth subject content
• Independent thinking
• Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
• Handling and evaluating different types of information source
• Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
• Making judgements, recommendations and decisions
• Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications communicating
and them clearly and logically
• Working and communicating in English
A Level is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as being at par with CBSE XII, ISCE
Worldwide, it is delivered in schools in over 160 countries and is recognized by colleges and
Subjects offered by MRV:
MRV offers the following subjects at AS and A levels:
|| Paper Code
|| Paper Code
|| Business Studies
Students need to choose any 3 subjects at A level and any 4 at AS level. English is mandatory at AS
Assessment and Grades
Cambridge International AS & A Levels have a linear structure with exams at the end of the course, which gives more time for teaching and learning.
We take a ‘staged’ assessment route i.e. take the Cambridge International AS Level in one examination series and complete the final Cambridge
International A Level at a subsequent series. We offer the March series at MRV. There will be regular weekly test, progression tests, formative and
summative evaluations to equip students for their board assessments.
Each subject that a learner takes at Cambridge International AS & A Level receives a separate grade. The Cambridge International A Level is
reported on a grade scale from A* grade, awarded for the highest level of achievement, to E, indicating the minimum required performance. There
is no A* grading in the certification of Cambridge International AS Levels, which runs from grade A to grade E.
Career path general Information
You should choose the subjects you enjoy learning and are part of your career focus.
Learners may choose the subjects that they are passionate about to pursue a career of their choice.
Please note the specific requirements in particular fields of study:
- All medical fields require Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- Engineering requires mathematics and physics/chemistry and one other subject
- Agriculture prefers biology and physics/chemistry along with other two subjects
- B.Com:- Mathematics is compulsory
- BA / Humanities degrees have very few restrictions
- Architecture requires Physics