Diploma in Film Making (DFM)
The approach is dictated by understanding the requirements of Entertainment Houses across mediums of Audio Visual Content (TV / Films / Over the Top - OTT and Digital). An eleven month part time program for under graduates (three to four hours a day, six days a week, starting with the fundamentals of the communication industry and moving into the integrities of on screen storytelling. The course is designed to provide students with a 360 degree perspective of creating content, the journey of an idea to its execution and gain a clear understanding of ‘how to sell the story you tell’. At the end of the hands-on-training, the student is ready with an exhaustive show reel which equips them to get their first break in the industry.
In order to seek Admission for the Diploma in Film Making a student will need to follow the steps given below :
- Buy a copy of the Admission Form and prospectus for Rs 1000 from:
- MET Institute of Mass Media , Bhujbal Knowledge Centre, Bandra Reclamation (W), Mumbai OR
- Institute of Creative Excellece (ICE) , Killick Nixon Compound, Load Star Building, Near Chandivali Petrol Pump, Saki Vihar Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai OR
- Alternatively you can buy the same online through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking transaction (click here)
- The Admission Form and Prospectus can be procured on payment of Rs 1000 either by DD favoring “MET ICE Media and Entertainment”, payable at Mumbai
- Submit the physical copy of the Admission Form duly filled along with all necessary documents as listed in the Prospectus to MET Institute of Mass Media, Mumbai or Institute of Creative Excellence (ICE), Mumbai, within 5 days of receipt of the form OR before the due date whichever is earlier.
- Post receipt of the Application Form and documents, applicant will be called for a Selection Process and Brief Interaction for the programme applied for.
- Incase the applicant is shortlisted he/she will be issued a Formal Selection Letter detailing the Program Schedule and Fee Payment Plan.
- Selected candidates need to complete their Admission Formalities within 3 days of receiving the Selection Letter.
- Admissions will be taken on first come first serve basis Only , provided there are vacant seats available for the Programme.
Standard XII or above in any discipline from a recognized board / university. Those who are appearing for Standard XII this year can also apply. However students need to produce the evidence of having cleared std. XII for securing the mark sheets and final Diploma Certificates for the program.
Fee Structure & Payment Pattern:
- Diploma in Film Making: Rs 1,50,000 + GST as applicable
- Library cum Studio Refundable Deposit: Rs 30,000 + GST as applicable
Module 1: (2.5 months)
- Business of Entertainment
- Business Communication & Soft Skills
- Television & Film Analysis
Module 2: (6.5 months)
- Film Making with a specialization – Direction
- Research & Ideation
- Scripts & Screen play
Module 3: (2 months)
- Film PR
- Film Marketing & Film Distribution
- Understanding Branded Content
- Class room sessions and in house studio exercises
- Workshops & On location trips
- Projects on Live Shooting floors & Post production setups
- Industry Orientation and Internship