PGP in Data Science and Machine Learning
The demand for skilled data science professionals in industry, academia, and government is rapidly growing and it’s the right time to enter in amazing world of
“Data Science and Machine Learning”. Businesses are changing rapidly and knowledge driven decision making is crucial to gain competitive advantage. Data
Science technologies are acting as an enabler for better decision making and helping in the overall growth of organizations.
Data Science is amalgamation of statistics, computer science and business domain. It deals with in depth analysis of data to gain insights and build wisdom with
the help of algorithms and methods. It involves data cleaning, pre-processing, exploratory data analysis and understanding of data. Data Science makes use of
machine learning to build and apply various models.
Most of the firms in India and abroad are using Data Science and Machine Learning technologies for better analysis and predictions. There is demand for skilled
professional with understanding of Machine Learning algorithms to manage Data Science Projects. Any Graduate be it from engineering, sales or operations
background with proficiencies in data analysis and machine learning is suitable for roles such as Data Analyst, Data Administrator, ML Engineer, Data Scientist,
Our Post Graduate Program in Data Science and Machine Learning follows a project based, practical driven innovative approach to teach cutting edge
technologies and methods required in today’s competitive job market.
After successful completion of the course, student will be conferred with a Dual Certification:
- PGP Certification from MET Institute of Software Development and Research
- Industry Honour Program Certification from TCS iON.
STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMME & HIGHLIGHTS
- Preparatory Module for Non IT Students:
Learn the basics of statistics programming and advanced excel
- Project Based Learning:
Exposure to real world problems and learn how to solve
using Data Science
- Live Sessions by Industry and Academic Experts:
Learn from world class Industry and academic experts in
fully online manner
- IHP from TCS iON:
Learn basic and advanced concepts of Machine Learning
supported by industry relevant business case studies conducted by IIT Faculty.
Soft skill development , profile building and mock interviews
- Cutting Edge Curriculum:
Industry relevant curriculum designed by data science
* Internship is optional.
- Any BE/B Com/B Sc IT/ BCA / Science Graduate
- Any Post Graduate/ Management Graduate
- Working Professionals
- Click Apply button and register yourself with Name, Surname, Email, Mobile number and Qualification. Select Discipline and Programme for admission process. Or you can click ‘Apply’ button from Programme page.
- You will be redirected to https://eduworld.met.edu. Verify the OTP received on registered Mobile number/email. Choose any one mode of transaction:
Login into online form submission portal to fill the complete application form.
Scan and Upload all relevant documents, photo and signature. After clicking on
‘Submit’ button, it will generate a PDF file containing your Application Form
and enclosed documents.
The received Registration Code will be used throughout the Admission Process
- Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking: Make a non refundable Online Payment of Rs.600 through a credit/debit card/Net Banking. On successful transaction you will
receive an email with Registration Code (to be used as User Name) and
Password with online link to login and fill the Online Application Form.
- Appear for MET Online Selection Procedure on the Scheduled Date & Time.
- Online Test
- Online Personal Interview
Fees is Rs. 1,20,000 + GST 18 %
Fees are payable by A/c Payee Demand Draft / Digital (Credit / Debit card, Net Banking) payable at Mumbai.
We Provide a platform to gain an in depth understanding data science technologies and equip learners with relevant skills required to work in industry
- Develop Problem Solving and Business Understanding of Data
- Understand and Implement Life Cycle of a Data Science Project
- Foundations of Python and R for Data Science
- Learn and Apply Statistics to solve Data Science problems
- Use Machine Learning Techniques to Solve Real World Problems
- Natural Language Processing and Big Data Analytics
- Design Computer Vision Applications
- Industry Honour Certification from TCS iON
- Industry Projects and Industry Internships
- A Project based Curriculum
- Real life case studies
- Blend of theory and practical
- Focused areas/use-cases
- Github profile creation
- Skills Developments
- Encourage Blog writing
- Soft Skill development
Modules and Tools
Module 0- Preparatory Course
- Part A - Foundations of
- Part B - Programming
- Part C - Advanced Excel
Module 1- Data Science Fundamentals
- Part A - General Concepts
of Data Science
- Part B - Python for Data
- Part C - R for Data Science
Module 2 and 3 -
- Part A – Machine
- Part B – Machine
- Part C - Project
- Part A
- Big Data Analytics
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Part B - Project
- Using Regression for Property Prices Analysis and Forecasting
- Face Recognition using Classification
- Traffic Signal Image Analysis
- Caption Generation for Images
- Sentiment Analysis
- Translation API System
PGP in Data Science and Machine Learning is a great course that really got me interested in Data Science. I am a beginner in this
field, but MET has simplified the contents in such a way that I could easily understand each and every concept in more simple way.
Every live lecture was conducted along with Hands-on experience parallelly which helped to clear concepts and doubt on the spot
along with a motivation to work more out of curiosity. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious in learning Data Science and
Mr. Sachin Rasam
PGP in Data Science and Machine Learning is highly recommended course for those who want to pursue their career Data Science
and Machine learning. I am a fresh student in PGP in DS & ML and MET has organized format and syllabus in such a way that I
could easily pursue/understand the each learning phase of the course. The sessions that are conducted include detailed
explanation of each and every component embedded in that particular session. I would recommend any student who seeks to build
his/her career in this field of Data Science and Machine Learning.
Mr. Yash Patil
Mr. Pranav Bapat, Advisor, MET ISDR
The twenty-first century launched the era of big data and data capitalism, which contains critical knowledge, insights,
and capabilities, has become an integral component of all data-based entities. Although big data is a moot point and
data science is still in its infancy, this paradigm shift is fueled by data and all other components that can be created,
modified, and/or adjusted through data knowledge, exploration, and utilisation. The following 50 years of data
science will identify, discover, explore, and define certain core scientific questions and significant challenges.
PGP in Data Science and Machine Learning is an industry oriented course with live sessions and hands-on exercises.
The contents are really awesome and covers a wide variety of topics such as machine learning, computer vision and
big data analytics. This course provides a platform to kickstart your career in Data Science and Machine Learning.
Mr. Pranav Bapat, Advisor, MET ISDR
Data Scientist, AMF Bakery Systems , Netherlands
MET Institute of Software Development and Research is Located at