Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Two-year, full-time PG programme affiliated to Mumbai University &
approved by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) &
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Master of Computer Application from MET Institute of Computer Science (MET ICS), is a prestigious 2 years (4 Semesters) post graduate programme that strikes a balance among the skills required in areas from system development to the enterprise level. The MCA at MET provides the students with the right edge in areas of software design and engineering information, architecture and project management.
From the academic year 2020-21 the programme is completely restructured with outcome based education approach. The MCA programme at MET Institute of Computer Science (MET ICS), one of the top MCA institutes in India, focuses on knowledge component, skill based activities and project based activities, it also provides self learning opportunities to learners. To enhance learning process Program Educational Objectives (PEOs), course objectives and course outcomes are defined for each course. Skill based laboratories, mini projects, self learning topics are included in Semester I, II and III, whereas Semester IV offers MOOC courses to enable self-learning, research paper promotes the research abilities of the learners. At MET Institute Social Responsibility is included in the programme to create social awareness, values and environmentally responsible behaviour among the learners. The courses from emerging areas like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Quantum Computing, IoT, Block chain are incorporated in the curriculum. Along with the technical skills, learners are able to acquire proficiency in soft skills using soft skill lab course. The curriculum helps the learner to attain employability skills, making them global IT professionals, shaped by our experienced faculty through their excellent academic inputs as well as world class facilities at MET.
Are you eligible?
Graduate from a recognised University with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or at graduation and minimum of 50% aggregate marks for open category and 45% for reserved category.
The students will have to appear for the state-level Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Mumbai. The applicants will have to submit CET scores.
- Fees for the academic year 2023-2024 is Rs. 1,55,000/- as per Shikshan Shulk Samiti's announcement.
- Document Retention is as per the directives received from the governing bodies from time to time.
- Reservation and Admission Policy is as per the rules and regulations of Government of Maharashtra / Directorate of Technical Education.
The MCA programme has the following approach:
- Core subjects in Programming, Mathematics field. Project based learning approach is used.
- Electives like IoT, Blockchain, Game Development, Robotic Process Automation, Computer Vision, Embedded Systems, Image Processing, Natural Language Processing, Geographic Information System, Design and Analysis of Algorithm, Digital Marketing and Business Analytics, Ethical Hacking, Quantum Computing to keep them in touch with the latest in the computing world.
- The final semester internship project in the industry prepares our students for the rigour of the corporate world. The students pursue a six month live project in the industry. Thus, when the students step into the corporate world they are fully equipped with the best IT skills.
- Unique initiatives and activities like the mentoring system, seminars and workshops, guest lectures, Quiz, technical magazine ‘The Edge’ and technical festival 'Tech@MET' are arranged in order to enhance an all-round growth of each individual student.
MCA: Programme Content
- MCA11 Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science 1
- MCA12 Advanced Java
- MCA13 Advanced Database Management System
- MCA14 Software Project Management
- MCAL11 Data Structure Lab
- MCAL12 Advanced Java LAB
- MCAL13 Advanced Database Management System LAB
- MCAL14 Web Technologies
- MCAP11 Mini Project – 1 A
- MCA21 Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science 2
- MCA22 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- MCA23 Information Security
- MCAE24 Elective - 1
- MCAE241 Image Processing
- MCAE242 Internet Of Things
- MCAE243 Robotic Process Automation
- MCAE244 Computer Vision
- MCAE245 Embedded Systems
- MCAE25 Elective - 2
- MCAE251 Natural Language Processing
- MCAE252 Geographic Information System
- MCAE253 Design and Analysis of Algorithm
- MCAE254 Digital Marketing and Business Analytics
- MCAE255 Research Methodology
- MCAL21 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Lab
- MCAL22 Soft Skill Development Lab
- MCALE23 Elective 1 Lab
- MCAL24 Skill based Lab Course AWT Lab
- MCAL25 Skill based Lab Course User Interface Lab
- MCAL26 Skill based Lab Course Networking with Linux Lab
- MCAP21 Mini Project 1-B
- MCA31 Big Data Analytics and Visualization
- MCA32 Distributed System and Cloud Computing
- MCAE33 Elective - 3
- MCAE331 Blockchain
- MCAE332 Deep Learning
- MCAE333 Game Development
- MCAE334 Ethical Hacking
- MCAE335 Quantum Computing
- MCAE34 Elective - 4
- MCAE341 Intellectual Property Rights
- MCAE342 Green Computing
- MCAE343 Management Information System
- MCAE344 Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- MCAE345 Entrepreneurship Management
- MCAL31 Big Data Analytics and Visualization Lab
- MCAL32 Distributed System and Cloud Computing Lab
- MCALE33 Elective 3 Lab
- MCAL34 Skill based Lab Mobile Computing Lab
- MCAL35 Software Testing Quality Assurance Lab
- MCAP31 Mini Project: 2 A
- MCAI41 Internship
- MCAR42 Research Paper
- MCAM43 Online Course - (MOOC)
- MCAS44 Institute Social Responsibility
For Admission / Inquiry, Call 9890590333 between 10am & 6pm.
MET Institute of Computer Science is Located at