Specialisations in Advertising, Multimedia Journalism, Entertainment
Advanced Diploma in Mass Media is a programme that is specially designed to meet international standards. A practical, hands-on, career making course, it will catapult students into the lucrative and most sought after professions today: Advertising, Multimedia Journalism and the Entertainment industry.
Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 50% at graduation.
Those who are appearing for final examination in the current year can also apply. However,
they must produce documentary evidence of having passed the examination, on or before
the commencement of the programme, failing which their admission will be liable for
cancellation and fees will not be refunded.
Since there are only limited seats available, it is imperative that
candidates undergo a rigorous selection procedure, which is
designed to test not only their academic qualities, but more
essentially their aptitude for the creative and constantly changing
aspects of mass communication and media industry.
The candidate will be tested on his/her ability to handle uncertainty
and the pressures of demanding deadlines and clients, and ability to
demonstrate pro-activeness, initiative and creativity in finding
The entrance procedure will encompass the following:
1. MET CET
2. Group Discussion
3. Personal Interview
|| Work Experience
| 100 marks
The management reserves the right to fix the minimum qualifying
marks for each of these components/sub components and or change
the components/sub components and their weightages.
- ADMM - Advertising: Rs. 234000 (Rs. 78000 per certificate respectively).
- ADMM - Entertainment: Rs. 258000 (Rs. 78000 for the first certificate, Rs. 90000 each for the
second and third certificate respectively).
- ADMM - Multimedia Journalism Rs. 234000 (Rs. 78000 per certificate respectively).
- Library-cum-Studio Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 7500
- Fees for all the three certificates need to be paid as a one time full payment as per date
specified by the Institute. The Library-cum-Studio Deposit needs to be paid at the time of
admission along with the fee payment through a separate DD/PO.
- Payments are to be made by the mode of DD/PO in favour of 'MET Institute of Mass
Media', payable at Mumbai.
- Refunds and downgrades will not be entertained.
- Students are required to maintain all documents related to the Institute and their admission.
It is mandatory for the students to produce the receipt of the Studio-cum-Library refundable
deposit (Rs. 7500) received at the time of payment for the re-imbursement of the same.
The syllabus has been specially devised after extensive research and discussions with eminent professionals from the industry. And invaluable feedback from the corporations that are always on the prowl for talent.
The Institute of Mass Media programmes have been structured into
three specialisation streams:
- Multimedia Journalism
Mass Media Certificates
- Certificate in Introduction to Mass Media
- Diploma in Mass Media (Advertising)
- Diploma in Mass Media (Multimedia Journalism)
- Diploma in Mass Media (Entertainment)
- Advanced Diploma in Mass Media (Advertising)
- Advanced Diploma in Mass Media (Multimedia Journalism)
- Advanced Diploma in Mass Media (Entertainment)
The faculty comprises of professionals who have years of experience in their
respective fields. People who will not just spout theoretical knowledge. But will
teach with the conviction that comes from the confidence of having been there,
done that. They will pepper their lectures with real life anecdotes. Dissect case
studies. Sharpen your craft and business skills. And teach you all the tricks of
the trade. Things you can't find in the library or on internet sites. But lessons
you can learn from hands that have been dirtied and feet that have done the
walking in the profession. more>>>
Prominent TV/Film producers, directors, writers, eminent advertising & media
personalities share 'real work life experience' with students. The mentors
include professionals from top organisations like Percept Pictures, Disney
Channel V, Ogilvy, JWT, Zoom, Mid-Day, Leo Burnett, Hungama, Redifussion Y&R,
Network 18, Red FM, Zee TV, Cadbury India, MSL Group, CNBC Awaaz, All India
Radio and Star TV, Publicis Beehive & Times Television Network amongst others.
For details AskMET or call all India Toll free: 1800 22 0234
Mail this page to your friend